The Braswell Book Table of Contents
WILLIAM FRANCIS BRASWELL 1870-1951
William Francis BRASWELL was born August 28, 1870 in Barren Plains, Tennessee. In those early pioneer days, many children did not receive a formal education, therefore William received very little while growing up. He had to help support the family as his father was an invalid. So great was his desire to be able to read the Bible, that he studied with his own children under the supervision of his good wife. How he rejoiced when he was able to read a chapter. He always enjoyed his Bible and studied it daily. He was a devout Christian. Throughout his long life he maintained his family alter and each morning and evening had family worship. In these seasons of prayer he began with the eldest child and prayed for each by name. He became a minister and pastored churches of the Nazarenes in Texas towns. He was always assisted by Ada who he called "Doll". He was proud and thankful of his religious heritage, and often told his family about one of his grandparents who refused to "swear in court" and was punished. In the WILLIAM AND MARY QUARTERLY pg. 170, from the Assessors Book for WILLIAM FRANCIS BRASWELL 1778 Isle of Wight County, Virginia, it is stated, "The following persons were classed as "recussants", who had declined or neglected to take the oath of allegiance to the State, and were therefore subjected to double taxes: WILLIAM BRASWELL, Rev., William Duncan, William Hollowell, William Outland, Thomas Scott, George Scott, Josiah Outland, Dick Bowzer, Thomas Bowzer."
THE TERRITORY OF OKLAHOMA, CLEVELAND COUNTY, SC
(mother's maiden name V. Scroggs)
Note: reserve space for image
William Francis was twenty-four when he participated in the Oklahoma Land Run which started at noon on April 22, 1889. He settled in Cleveland County where he met and married Ada Bertha WAGNER, a woman of good sense, humor, and education on August 29, 1895. They were married in her father's house. William and Ada had sixteen children (eight boys and eight girls) the first nine of which were born in the Oklahoma Territory prior to it's obtaining statehood on November 16, 1907. To support a family of this size required a lot of hard work, planning, and sacrifice, but the parents managed to rear fifteen of those children to maturity. They lived in many places during those years, Oklahoma Territory, Territory of New Mexico, and Texas. After the children were grown and married Ada and William BRASWELL lived in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Here they found living easy. They always had a good garden and fresh fruit.
They bought a place in Carrizo Springs, Texas, and it was here they spent the last few years of his life. They made trips to Amarillo, Brownwood, and southern California. William died May 30, 1951, in Carrizo and was buried in the Llano Cemetery in Amarillo, Texas.
After the death of her husband, Ada BRASWELL sold her home and lived with some of her children- sometimes in Texas and then in California. The last few years of her life were spent in a convalescent home in Pomona, California. The home was operated by one of her sons, Audrey Lee and his wife Verna. This was a new experience for her, but she had always been able to adjust herself to any and all circumstances. She was happy here and seemed to enjoy being with others, listening to their problems, and giving advice and comfort.
Her life with William had been rich and blessed with many joys as well as sorrows, but she was able to be happy where-ever she was. Throughout her life, Ada was always busy- sewing, cooking, gardening, canning , teaching, attending church, and reading. In 1965 she suffered a severe stroke and lingered only a few days. January 7, 1965, she passed away surrounded by several of her children. Services were conducted for her in her own church in Pomona before the last long trip was made to Amarillo where she was laid to rest next to her beloved husband.
WILLIAM FRANCIS and ADA BERTHA (WAGNER) BRASWELL
About 1949 at Art & Effie's home, Redlands, California
THE WILLIAM FRANCIS BRASWELL FAMILY (c1925/27)
Note: reserve space for image
THE CHILDREN OF WILLIAM AND ADA BRASWELL
WILLIAM FRANCIS and ADA BERTHA (WAGNER) BRASWELL had sixteen children- eight boys and eight girls. All the children, with the exception of the baby, Ada Mildred, lived to marry and have families of their own.
1. Harvey Leonard BRASWELL, the eldest of WILLIAM and ADA's children, was born June 3, 1896, in Noble, Oklahoma Territory. In 1916, Harvey Leonard married Viola Jane Jackson, who was born February 28, 1898, in Taft, Texas. Viola raised the children with the help of her friends the McIntyres. She loved music and especially enjoyed singing in Church and taught her girls to harmonize at an early age. Viola died in Tulsa, Oklahoma, November 13, 1988, and is buried in the Resthaven Memorial Gardens, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Harvey Leonard and Viola's children:
A. Lola Ruth BRASWELL was born 1917, Clovis, New Mexico,and married Edward O'Mally Stacy, 1935. Edward was born 1913. Lola graduated from Oklahoma City High School. During World WarII, she worked at the Naval Air Base as a personnel clerk for the enlisted sector. She later received her certificate in Psychology In Selling from San Diego State University. She retired from General Dynamics after twenty five years of service. During World War II, Ed was an Army Infantry Medic in Italy. After V.E. day, his unit was sent to Japan in the First Occupation Force and he saw Hiroshima after the bomb was dropped. Ed retired after twenty-eight years of civil service. He was the Aeronautical Engineer Representative for the Department of Defense in the Western Region. One of the exciting jobs he had was Quality Assurance for the Engineers on the Lunar Lander Project. Ed and Lola had three sons:
1. Charles Edward Stacy was born 1935, and married Delores Vetrano in 1962. Eddy attended San Diego State, but quit to start his own company Diversified Talent & Personnel Agency World Wide. Ed is a multi- talented musician who plays bass, drum and sings light opera. He is currently working as a Solar Contractor. Their children:
a. Monica Lee Stacy was born 1963, and married Richard Meierbachtol 1982. Both Monica and her husband attended Grossmont College. Richard is a Sergeant in the Army and is currently stationed in Austin, Texas. Their daughter:
1. Jessica Ruth Meierbachtol, born 1983.
b. Charles E.Stacy, Jr. was born 1964 and is working in the Solar Heating and Plumbing Business.
c. Shawn O'Mally Stacy was born 1965. She attended Grossmont College and is currently working as a Medical Records Clerk. Eddy's third wife, Karen, is a Pre- School teacher. They were married 1988 on his parents anniversary.
2. Ronald Dean Stacy the first of twins, was born 1938, and died September 15, 1939, at the age of fifteen months.
3. Donald Gene Stacy, the second twin, was born,1938 and married Sharon Kay Medsker 1963. Sharon was born 1942. Donald graduated from Boydens Prep School in 1957 and received his certificate from Kellsey Jenny Business College in Business Administration. He also received his
certificate in Hotel Management from the American Business College. Donald is currently working for General Dynamics. Donald and Sharon's children:
a. Lisa Dawn Stacy was born 1963. On 1986, she married Calvin Blair Pike who was born 1957. Lisa attended Coleman College and is working for Teledyne. They have two children:
1. Joshua Daniel Pike, born 1983.
2. Melissa Ann Pike, born 1987.
b. Michael Dean Stacy was born 1964. Mike is a carpenter.
c. Mark William Stacy was born 1968. Mark is a pit mechanic for a racing crew and is touring the East Coast (1989).
B. William Leonard BRASWELL was born 1919, in Richmond, Virginia.
C. Kathrine Viola (BRASWELL) Leach was born 1920.
D. Beatrice (BRASWELL) Zindler was born in 1921.
Leonard's second marriage was to Eva Belle Harper of Amarillo. In 1931 Eva was killed in a car accident and is buried in Clarendon, Texas. Their sons:
A. Fred Owen BRASWELL was born 1924, Tahoka, Texas. His first marriage was to Margaret Wallace. Fred and Margaret's children:
1. Terry Lee BRASWELL, his first daughter, was born about 1947, in Redwood City, California.
2. Fred Owen BRASWELL, Jr. was born about 1949 in Redwood City, California. Fred Owen's second marriage was to Iva Pearl Mathes, daughter of Robert and Irene Mathes. Pearl was born 1934. Fred Owen "Harvey" was killed in Brooklyn, New York, May 19, 1989, and was buried in Yorktown, New York. Fred and Pearl's children:
1. Carolyn BRASWELL, born 1953. She married Raymond Greene, and they have four children, two of which are:
a. Amanda Pearl Greene
b. Adam Greene
2. Bruce Wayne BRASWELL was born 1955, Amarillo, Texas.Bruce earned his law degree and is a practicing attorney in New York. Bruce is married to Maureen and they were living in Poughkeepsie, New York, in 1989.
3. Gary Neal BRASWELL, born 1956. Gary is married and has children.
4. Sandra Kay BRASWELL, born 1962. She is married to Bob __ and they are currently living in Mohegan Lake, New York with their infant son (as of December 1989).
B. Orville Eugene BRASWELL, was born probably in Tahoka, Texas. His first marriage was to Elenor Venable. They had no children. Orville's second marriage was to Lynn (?), their children:
1. Anne BRASWELL
2. David BRASWELL
3. Byron BRASWELL
Orville's third marriage was to Charlotte (?). Their children:
1. Lisa BRASWELL
2. Orville Eugene BRASWELL, Jr.
3. Suzanne BRASWELL
Orville's fourth marriage was to Edna Mae (?) in El Paso, Texas.
C. Marvin Roy BRASWELL was born 1927 in Ralls, Texas, he married Geraldine P. "Gerrie" Menconi in Redwood City, California, 1951. Gerrie was born 1931 in Redwood City, California and was the daughter of Paul and Amelia Menconi. Marvin and Gerrie had two children:
1. Mark Paul BRASWELL, born 1957, in Redwood City, CA.
2. Joy Belle (Marvette) BRASWELL, born 1965, in Redwood City, California. Joy Belle married Alex Acosta 1988, in Palm Desert, California.
Harvey Leonard's third marriage was to Sarah Ethel (SMITH) Gray who was born March 16, 1902, in Goldthwaite, Texas. Sarah Ethel was the daughter of George William and Adelia Lee (COLEMAN) SMITH. She was an accomplished pianist, and she supported her husband in his ministry. Sarah Ethel had two children from a previous marriage, Adelia Ruth (Gray) Sims, and Elmer C. Gray, both of whose information will be found in the book on the Smiths currently being researched. Harvey Leonard BRASWELL died on his eighty-fourth birthday, June 3, 1980, after a long illness, and was buried June 6, 1980, in The Garden of The Resurrection, Green Acres Memorial Park, Bloomington, California. Sarah Ethel spent the next eleven years with her daughter, Ramona McClure and enjoyed visiting her other children. On March 6, 1991, she joined her beloved husband. Sarah Ethel was buried with her husband in the Green Acres Memorial Park, Bloomington, California, on March 11, 1991. The children of Leonard and Ethel BRASWELL:
A. Samuel Coleman BRASWELL was born 1932, Goldthwaite, Texas. He servedin the United States Air Force during the Korean Conflict. While he was stationed in England, he met and married his wife, Elizabeth Ann ARMSTRONG who was also in the Air Force and stationed in England. They were married 1954, Ealing, Middlesex, England. Elizabeth was the daughter of Aurelia Naomi TOMPKINS JOYNER and John Melton ARMSTRONG. She was born 1931, in Quincy, Florida. Samuel is a 32nd degree Mason, Knights Templer of the Commandery, York Rite and a Noble of the Mystic Shrine, and Elizabeth is a member of the Order of the Eastern Star. Samuel and Elizabeth have three children:
1. Christina Elizabeth BRASWELL, born 1956, Loma Linda, California, married Chris Patterson 1978, in Texas. Their sons:
a. Brian Christopher Patterson was born 1979.
b. Phillip Patterson was born 1981.
2. Nancy Marie BRASWELL was born 1958, San Bernardino, California. Her first marriage was to Elden Shirley of Evant, Texas. Her second husband was Billy Gail Beck of Temple, Texas, they were divorced 1990.
a. Hannah Elizabeth Beck was born 1981, in Temple, Texas.
3. Joyce Ann BRASWELL was born 1963, in Sanford, Seminole County, Florida.
B. Ethel Ramona BRASWELL was born 1936, Goldthwaite, Texas. Her first marriage was to William McClure 1955, Reno, Nevada. Bill was born 1934, in San Diego and was the son of Loon Ranson and Amy Mae (Gurrad) McClure. Ramona was a hairdresser for many years, then worked as a Nurse's Assistant. She is currently Associate Inventory Control Coordinator at Sunstrand Power
Page 28 Note: reserved for images
Systems in San Diego. Ramona and Bill had three children:
Julie McClure was born 1958 in San Diego, California. Her daughter: Meagan Marie McClure was born 1979, in San Diego, California. Julie's first marriage was to W.D. Wise in San Diego, California, they later divorced. Julie's second marriage is to Peter Hoenig, they were married 1990, in San Diego, California. Peter, who is in The United States Navy, served in Operation Desert Storm and Julie is a Commercial Construction Accountant in San Diego.
Lynn McClure was born 1959 in San Diego, California. Lynn graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in accounting. She is currently the comptroller for American Eagle Airlines. (See page 264)
John William "Jack" McClure was born 1962, in Heidelberg, West Germany. He spent a year and a half in mechanics trade school prior to working at Mercedes Ben as a technician. He is currently a distributor for Snap On Tools in San Diego.
Ramona's second marriage was to James Jerome Linehan, Jr. James is first generation American (Irish descent), born in Massachusetts 1935, and the son of James and Arlene Linehan, Sr. They were married 1970, in San Diego and had one child:
1. Susanne Michelle Linehan was born 1972, San Diego, California.
C. Willie Jo "Jodie" BRASWELL was born 1941, Goldthwaite, Texas. She married Stanley Allen Hunt 1960, in Yuma, Arizona. Stanley was born 1937, and was the son of James and Marie Nell Hunt. Jodie and Stan's children:
1. Sandra Renee Ethel Hunt was born 1961, LaMesa, California. She married Todd Moorhead 1983. Todd was born 1961. Their children:
a. Heather Michelle Moorhead was born 1984, in San Diego, California.
b. Bryan Andrew Moorhead was born 1985, in San Diego, California.
Sandy and Todd were later divorced.
2. Gregory Allen Hunt was born 1963, LaMesa, and died June 3, 1963, in LaMesa, California. He is buried in Glenn Abbey, Chula Vista, California.
3. Jeffrey Allen Hunt was born 1965, in LaMesa, California. He married Sara (Strasburg) Day in 1989, Las Vegas, Nevada. Sara was born 1967, and is the daughter of Charles F. and Pitrina Strasburg. Jeff and Sara have one daughter:
a. Brittney Morgan Hunt was born 1989, in LaMesa, California.
D. Arthur Beale BRASWELL was born 1943, in Lamesa, Texas. His first marriage was to Terry Beavers. They had two children:
1. William Dean BRASWELL was born 1969, in San Bernardino, California.
2. Sharlene BRASWELL born 1973 in Missoula, Montana.
Beale's second marriage was to Robin Cooper on 1976, in Riverside, California. Robin "Robie" was born 1952, in Winnipeg, Canada, and was
the daughter of Leonard T. and Alice Wren (Hunter) Cooper. Beale is a computer hardware engineer and is currently working for Ocean Scientific in Los Angeles. Beale and Robin are living in Riverside, California. They have one child:
1. Shelly BRASWELL, born 1978, in Riverside, CA.
2. Julia Elsie BRASWELL was born March 17, 1898, in Noble, Oklahoma Territory. She married Claude Houston 1917, in Farwell, Texas. For many years they lived in Houston where Claude worked in construction. Claude died 1969, and was buried in the South Memorial Park Cemetery in Houston. After Claude's death, Julia Elsie lived with her daughters, three months with Rosa and three months with Evelyn until 1985, she spent her last years with Evelyn in Rosharon, Texas. Julia passed away July 12, 1989, and was buried in the South Memorial Park Cemetery. Julia and Claude's children:
A. Claude Houston was born April 13, 1918. After a long illness, he died August 25, 1965, leaving behind his wife Norma and his step- daughter Marsha. Marsha is living in Las Vegas with her two children, Sherrel and Kenneth Culpepper.
B. Rosa Letha Houston was born 1919, Clovis, New Mexico.She married Clarence Gerand 1945. Rosa Letha was very active in sports- especially golf and fishing. They adopted two boys:
1. James Rudy, born 1957, Corpus Christi, Texas.
2. Roy Witney, born 1961, in Houston, Texas.
C. Eddie Evelyn Houston was born 1921, in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. Evelyn's first marriage was to George W. Tomlin, their children:
1. Julia Ellen Tomlin was born 1939, in Tahoka, Texas. Her first marriage was to Richard Crawford Blassangame. Julia and Richard had three children:
a. Richard Crawford Blassangame II was born 1961. Richard married Leslie Carol Reese 1983 in Tokyo, Japan. They are currently living in Arlington, Texas. Their children:
1. Richard Crawford Blassangame, III was born 1984, on the Navy base in Yokosuka, Japan.
2.Tracey Lynn Blassangame was born 1989, in Arlington, Texas.
b. Kathleen Blassangame was born 1962. Her first marriage was to Christopher Haigh in 1980. Their child:
1. Christopher Michael Haigh was born 1980.
Kathleen's second marriage was to Chris JosephSimon. Chris was born 1963. They are currently living in Metairie, Louisiana. Their children:
1. Evelyn Raquel Simon was born 1987.
2. Kristina Kathleen Simon was born 1988.
c. Caprice Renee' Blassangame was born 1963. She is married to James Darnell Darbonne. James was born 1958. Their child:
1. James Derek Darbonne was born 1987, and was baptized 1988.
Julia Ellen's second marriage was to Richard Howells. Their children:
a. Richard Kyle Howells- Pizzitola was born 1965. (Richard took his step father's name.)
b. Kelly Elizabeth Howells was 1968. Kelly married Timothy Arnold Fannings 1990, in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Timothy was born 1961.
Julia Ellen's third marriage was to A.E. Pizzitola.
2. Finney Lee Tomlin was born 1941. His first marriage was to Stacy Williams. Their daughter:
a. Michelle Tomlin was born 1967. She married Renee' Luna 1989. Their child:
1. Danielle Luna was born 1987, in Houston, Texas.
Lee's second marriage was to Marion Kay Sanders She has two sons from previous marriages; Darrell Harris (21), and Johnny Ray Billings (19). Lee and Marion's son:
a. Christopher Lee Tomlin was born 1975 in Houston, Texas.
Eddie Evelyn's second marriage was to Louis Wayne Noblitt. For many years they made their home in Houston where Louis was in construction work. In 1976 they moved to Rosharon, Texas and retired there in 1977. Their daughters:
1. Winnette Noblitt was born 1943. Her first marriage was to William Marrero. Their son:
a. William Wayne Marrero was born 1961. He married Anna L. Rayes 1983. She has a son by a previous marriage; Isiah Joshua Young (9).William and Anna have two sons:
1. William Wayne Marrero, II was born 1986.
2. Andrew Phillip Marrero was born 1989.
Winnette's second marriage to D'Arcy Grizzle.Their children:
a. Tina Denise Grizzle was born 1963. She married Steven Todd Ladner 1985. Steven was born 1962. Their children:
1. Michael Ryan Ladner was born 1984.
2. Steven Alan Ladner, the first of twins, was born 1987.
3. Travis Scott Ladner, the second twin, was also born 1987.
b. William D'Arcy Grizzle was born 1965.
Winnette's third marriage was to William Joseph Stone in 1972. Their daughter:
a. Robin Jinette Stone was born 1978, in Houston, Texas.
2. Sue Evelyn Noblitt was born 1945. She married J.D. Black. Their daughter:
a. Rhonda Lynn Black was born 1962. Her first marriage was to Ronald Lee Baker in December of 1979 in Rosharon, Texas. Their children:
1. Leslie Michelle Baker, the first of twins, was born 1979, in Texas City, Texas.
2. Michael Louis Baker, the second twin, was also born 1979.
3. Charles Cody Baker was born 1982.
Rhonda's second marriage was to Samuel Arthur Palasota and they are currently living in Angleton, Texas.
Sue Evelyn's second marriage was to Morris Tuck. They had two children:
a. Evelyn Marie Tuck was born 1966.
b. Morris Wayne Tuck, Jr. was born 1968, and is attending college in Nacogdoches, Texas.
3. Maggie Mae and Sallie Virginia were twins, born the 4th of July, 1899, in Kiowa County, Oklahoma Territory. Maggie was the oldest. In many respects the girls were alike. They married cousins, and though often hundreds of miles apart, would select the exact dresses. Maggie Mae will be given first as she was the eldest twin. She married Emery Stoops on the March 17, 1920. Emery was born December 16, 1895, in Springfield, Missouri. His parents were Emery Grant and Nora Evaline (Pernale) Stoops. Emery served in World War I. For many years he was employed by Santa Fe Railroad. Emery died April 29, 1971, in the Veteran's Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. He was buried in the Llano Cemetery, Amarillo, Texas. He and Maggie Mae had three children:
A. Thelma Mae Stoops was born 1920, in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. She graduated from Amarillo High School. She was a member of the band and enjoyed sports. Her first marriage was to Patrick O'Grady of Amarillo. Thelma and Pat had two children:
1. Daniel Michael O'Grady was born 1944, Long Beach, California. He married Dorothy Joan Cashion 1964. Joan was born 1945, in Dumas, Texas. Danny and Joan live in Midland where he owns his own business. Their children:
a. Karen Denise O'Grady, born 1965, in Amarillo, Texas. She married (?) Fiskes and they have one child:
1. Amber Kathleen Fiskes was born 1986, in Midland, Texas.
b. John Patrick O'Grady, born 1969, Amarillo, Texas, is in the U.S. Air Force and is currently stationed in San Antonio, Texas.
c. Erika Kathleen O'Grady was born 1973, Odessa, Texas.
2. Patsy Sue O'Grady was born 1947. She married Homer Millard Tucker, Jr., son of Homer Millard Tucker and Stella Audend Armontrout. Their three children:
a. Kelli Rene' Tucker, born 1965.
b. Holli Michelle Tucker, born 1967.
c. Timothy Paul Tucker, born 1968 in Ft. Worth, Texas.
Thelma Mae's second marriage was to Donald James Tipton who was born 1917, Vincinnes, Indiana. Thelma retired after twenty-one years of service to Southwestern Bell Telephone where she worked as a draftswoman. Donald Tipton retired from the U.S. Air Force, after serving twenty-one years, as a Master Sergeant. They are currrently living in Amarillo, Texas.
B. Ruby Dell Stoops was born 1922, in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. She graduated from Roosevelt High School and was a member of the band.Her first marriage was to Ted Rackley, who was born November 27, 1918. Ted died in a car accident January 4, 1968. Their son:
1. Larry Rackley, born 1944, in Amarillo, Texas. He married Lynda Lybarger.
Ruby Dell's second marriage was to James Wakefield. They had one daughter:
1. Marie Beth Wakefield, born 1951. Marie married Ralph Rhodes. Their daughter:
a. Yvonne Marie Rhodes, born 1971.
Ruby Dell's third marriage was to H.A. Clifton and they had a lovely home in California. Ruby Dell continued her education, received her degree and for many years taught in the public schools of California. After retiring from teaching, she moved to Amarillo where she married Forrest Barnes. Ruby Dell (Stoops) Barnes passed away April 21, 1984, in Amarillo, Texas.
C. Stuart Stoops was born 1925, Portales, New Mexico. On July 10, he married Gerta Sue Griffith, the daughter of Wayne Ernest and Velma (Rodery) Griffith of Popular Bluff, Missouri. Stuart and Sue were married in Los Vegas, Nevada. They had one daughter:
1. Debra Deanne Stoops, born 1961, Wichita Falls, Texas.
Stuart's second marriage was to Maurine Givens Bush 1973. She is one of the supervisors of Bell Telephone, and Stuart has been District Supervisor of State Comptroller, with his headquarters in Amarillo, Texas. Their lovely home is 6211 Calumet St. Amarillo, Texas.
4. Sallie Virginia BRASWELL, the younger twin, was first married to a cousin of Emery Stoops- the husband of Maggie Mae. 1918, she married Clifford Stoops. Clifford was the son of Perry Alonzo and Elizabeth (Dreziel) Stoops, and had one brown eye and one blue eye. He was employed by the Electric Power Company until his death in 1933. He was killed while working on the highline. Sallie and Clifford had five children:
A. Raymond, the eldest son, was born 1919, Roosevelt, Oklahoma. On 1939, he married Margaret Grass, daughter of Roger and Barbara (Heffelder) Grass.
Margaret was born 1922. Raymond died very suddenly November 22, 1972, and was buried in the Monette Cemetery, Monette, Missouri. Raymond and Margaret had three children:
1. Clifford Robert Stoops was born 1942, Aurora, Missouri. 1961, he married Peggy Lee Backas. Their daughter:
a. Jackie Rose Stoops, born 1963.
2. Sharon Kay Stoops was born 1947. She married Jim Washburn 1961.
3. Susan Rae Stoops was born 1952, Monette, Missouri. She married James Godsey 1970. Their son:
a. Bobby Ray Godsey, born 1970, in Germany.
B. Willard Emery Stoops was born 1921, in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. On 1939, he married is first wife, Mary Reynard, daughter of Ed and Anna Reynard. Mary was born 1920. They had two sons:
1. Richard Earl Stoops was born 1942, in California.He and his wife had three children:
a. Lane Christopher Stoops, born 1966, Monette, Missouri.
b. Jeff Douglas Stoops, born 1968, Monette, Missouri.
c. Steven Ronald Stoops, born 1970, San Antonio, Texas.
2. Gary Douglas Stoops was born 1950, in San Antonio. He married Sallie Fowler.
Willard Stoops's second marriage was to Virginia Poque, who was born 1942. They had one son:
1. Clifford Elliott Stoops, II was born 1970, San Antonio, Texas.
C. Alonzo Grant "Lonnie" Stoops was born 1923, in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. 1941, he married Johnnieve "Joy" Julian of San Antonio. Her parents were John Allen and Irene Katherine (Howard) Julian. Lonnie and Joy had one child:
1. Steven Grant Stoops, born 1943, San Antonio, Texas. He married Gail Thompson of Ridgeport, New Jersey. Her father was Ira Welch Thompson. Steven earned a B.A. of Science and a D.V.M. from Texas A & M University in College Station, Texas. He also earned a M.A. of Science from the University of Georgia. Steven and Gail's children:
a. Mathew Sherman Stoops was born 1972, in Athens, Georgia.
b. John Perry Stoops was born 1976, in Houston, Texas.
c. Stacy Beth Stoops was born 1979, in Corpus Christi, Texas.
D. Lloyd Aaron Stoops, born 1925, Tulsa, Oklahoma. 1946, he married Virginia Grace Hedigar. They had two children:
1. Ronald Carroll Stoops was born 1949, Redlands, California. He married Charlyne Smith, they were married in old Mexico. They have one daughter:
a. Venessee Carroll Stoops, born 1970, Aguna, Guam.
2. Deborah Lynn Stoops was born 1954. She married Kenneth Wilson Burke 1972, San Antonio, Texas.
E. Lee Ellen Stoops was born December 19, 1927, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She passed away in 1987. On April 21, 1946, she married her first husband Harold Dement. They had one child:
1. Faith Rene' Dement was born 1946, San Antonio, Texas. She married William Wade Johnston 1964. Wade was born 1942, Birmingham, Alabama. They had two sons:
a. David William Johnston, born 1967, Birmingham, Alabama.
b. Dale Allen Johnston, born 1969, Birmingham, Alabama.
Lee Ellen's second marriage was to Billy Calvin Williams. Their children:
1. Sallie Mae Williams, born 1947, San Antonio, Texas. She married Mickey Fred Morris 1967. Their son:
a. Michael Bradley Morris, born 1969.
2. John Elliott Williams, born 1946, Tampa, Florida. On 1972, he married Marjorie Johnson.
3. Billy Calvin Williams, born 1949.
4. Janey Ellen Williams, born 1950, Ft. Worth, Texas.
Sallie Virginia's second marriage was to Master Sergeant J.B. Davis. He was born 1906, and died 1966. For many years he was in the Air Force and Sallie accompanied him on many of his overseas tours of duty. He developed lung cancer and died in a military hospital in San Antonio. He was buried with military honors in Fort Sam Houston Military Cemetery, San Antonio, Texas. After his death, Sallie continued to live in San Antonio. She died 1977, and was interred in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, San Antonio, Texas.
5. Roy Bennett BRASWELL was born March 10, 1901, in Sentinel, Oklahoma Territory. On March 30, 1930, he married Hattie Irene French, daughter of the Reverend Luther Ward and Mary Hattie (Williamson) French. Irene was born January 12, 1899, in Nolanville, Texas. Roy and Irene earned their B.A. degrees 1936, Howard Payne College, Brownwood, Texas, and their M.A. 1947, West Texas State College, Canyon Texas. They both did graduate work in Texas Tech; Arizona University, Tucson, Arizona; Arizona State, Tempe, Arizona; and Texas University, Austin, Texas. After teaching more than thirty years they retired from teaching and for the next few years taught in the public schools on the Navaho Indian Reservation in Arizona and New Mexico, and the Apache Indian Reservation in Cibicue and Maverick, Arizona. Roy died suddenly Thursday, March 17, 1988, and was buried in the Eastlawn Memorial Park, Brownwood, Texas. All the BRASWELLS will be forever in their debt for their dedication in preserving the family history, and their generosity in sharing this information with all who were interested. Roy and Irene BRASWELL had one son:
A. Roy French BRASWELL was born 1931, Avenue C, Brownwood, Texas. He graduated from the Morse High School in 1946. In 1948 he received his B.A. degree from Howard Payne College, Brownwood, Texas, and began teaching in the public schools of Rule, Texas. After teaching two years he enlisted in the army. He entered Officer's Training School, Fort Riley, Kansas, where he graduated as a Second Lieutenant in 1951.
Note: reserved for images
He was then sent to Korea for a few months. After his release from the military, he began teaching school in the Northeast District, San Antonio, Texas. He received his M.A. from North Texas State University, Denton, Texas. In 1955, Roy French married Mary Paul Gibson, daughter of Reginald Derwood and Loudell (Bell) Gibson of Rule, Haskell County, Texas. Mary graduated from the Rule High School and in 1956, she received her B.A. degree from North Texas State University. She taught several years in the St. Marks Episcopal School for Boys. Roy French entered Baylor Dental College, Dallas, and earned his D.D.S. degree in 1959. He began his dental profession in Euless, Texas. After a few years he opened his office in Mesquite, Texas. Here, Mary often worked with him as his assistant. They purchased a stock ranch near Gilmer, Texas. Here they enjoyed the freedom of country living and the activities of Gilmer and Longview. In 1973 they moved to Pampa, Texas, where Roy has his practice. They have a lovely home in Pampa. Roy and Mary have four sons:
1. Roy Bennett BRASWELL, II was born 1956, Dallas, Texas. He attended school in Gilmer and Pampa. He graduated from high school in Pampa, 1973. January of 1974, he entered Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas. He graduated from Tech 1977 and soon after entered Southwest Medical College, Dallas. He married Judy Janet Buckner 1978, in Longview, Texas. Judy was born 1955, in Longview and was a graduate of Allied Health Science Center of the University of Texas, with B.S. degree in Medical Technology. Judy was the daughter of Dr. Edwin E. and Auroa Teressa (Wangguily) Buckner of Longview, Texas. They have two children:
a. Auroa Kelly BRASWELL was born 1981, in Dallas, Texas.
b. Roy Bennett BRASWELL, III was born 1982, in San Antonio, Texas.
2. Paul Bradford BRASWELL was born 1958, Dallas, Texas. He attended high school in Gilmer and Pampa where he was a member of the band. After graduating from Pampa, he attended the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee. He entered Texas Tech in the fall of 1978 and graduated with a degree in Chemistry and works in Dallas in Computers.
3. Donald Hodges Bowman BRASWELL was born 1962, in Arlington, Texas. While in grade school in Gilmer, he was a member of the Junior band, and a long distance runner. After graduating from High School, Donald attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. Later, he entered the Navy and graduated from Annapolis. He received his Master of Science In Engineering from Johns Hopkins University 1987. Lieutenant Donald Braswell was stationed in Beeville, Texas, where he was given flight training and received his wings 1989.
4. Neal Blake BRASWELL was born 1964, Dallas, Texas. He also is a long distance runner. Neal graduated from Texas Tech University in 1987 in the field of architecture and is working in Dallas, Texas. In 1990, Neal married Stacy Gail Yarbrough, the daughter of Tommy and Carolyn Yarbrough, in Garland, Texas.
Page 38 Note: reserved for images
6. William Franklin BRASWELL was born 1902, in Sentinel, Oklahoma Territory. His first marriage was to Ora Richey, daughter of Mac and Susie Richey of Tahoka, Texas on 1924. Ora was born 1908. Their children:
A. Eloy BRASWELL was born 1927, in Portales, New Mexico. He married Marylin Flint in 1956. Eloy served in the Navy several years. Eloy and Marylin have one son:
1. Harry Kenneth BRASWELL, born 1957.
B. Ada Lenora BRASWELL was born September 13, New Braunfels, Texas. She married Jay L. Hargis. Their children:
1. John Lee Hargis, born 1950, is married and has one child:
a. Jay Layton Hargis was born 1984.
2. Penny Louise Hargis, born 1961, married William David Willard 1981. Their child:
a. Tiffany Marie Willard was born 1989.
C. Lee Ora BRASWELL was born 1932, Lyford, Texas. 1950, she married Harry Cain "Dink" Clifton. Lee and Harry have lived the past eleven years in Hitchcock, Texas, but they also like to spend time, during the winter, at their second home in the Rio Grande Valley. Harry is retired after forty years as a merchant seaman and Chief Engineer of Lykes Lines. Their children:
1. Marlene Louise Clifton was born 1953, San Antonio, Texas. Her first marriage was to Billy Wayne Hauk 1971. They adopted one child:
a. William Aaron Hauk was born 1976, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Marlene's second marriage was to Steve Reeves, 1979, in Durant, Oklahoma. They have one daughter:
a. Jennifer Camille Reeves was born 1980, in Durant, Oklahoma. Marlene and Steve make their home in Durant, Oklahoma, where she teaches Nursing at the college.
2. Ronald David Clifton was born 1955, in Alexandria, Virginia. 1987, David married Kimberly Kay Smith in Dickinson, Texas. Kimberly has a twin sister, Kelly. Ronald and Kimberly live in Dickinson, Texas.
D. Judy Ann BRASWELL was born 1946, Torrence, California.She married Claude Lawrence Spivey, 1963. Judy died November 18, 1986. Judy and Claude's children:
1. Vanda Lee Spivey, born 1964, married Bryan Borders, 1985. They have one son:
a. David Nicoles Borders was born 1987.
2. Lesia Correne Spivey, born 1967, married Jerome Strach. They have two daughters:
a. Rachael Ann Strach was born 1987.
b. Amanda Correne Strach was born 1989.
E. Martha Dean BRASWELL, born 1950, San Antonio, Texas. 1970, she married Robert Vernon Aschwanden, son of Walter and Meryle (Boman) Aschwanden. They have two daughters:
1. Kristy Lyn Aschwanden was born 1979.
2. Chantel Nicole Aschwanden was born 1983.
William's second marriage was to Francis and they had three children:
A. David BRASWELL
B. Monica BRASWELL
C. Paul BRASWELL
William Franklin made his home in old Mexico and has been living there for the past twenty to twenty-five years.
7. Mary Edna BRASWELL was born 1904, Sentinel, Oklahoma Territory. Her first marriage was to Alfred Eloy Burdine, son of S.A. Burdine, on Christmas Day, 1922. Eloy was born July 7, 1901, Cottle County, Texas. They were divorced in December of 1939. Eloy died in 1962. Edna and Eloy had three sons and one daughter:
A. Alfred Eloy Burdine, Jr. was born 1923, Quail, Texas, and died the same day. He was buried in the Quail Cemetery, Quail, Texas.
B. Ada Reatta Burdine was born 1924, in Tahoka, Texas. She married Joe Henry Leverett in 1946. Joe died in 1959. Their children:
1. Linda Denise Leverett, born 1950, Amarillo, Texas. 1970, she married Kenneth Acker, Denver, Colorado.
2. Barry Joe Leverett, born 1952. After the death of Joe Leverett, Reatta married Joe Davenport. He died in 1964. They had one son:
a. Drake Allen Davenport was born 1960. He married D'Lane Edna (BRASWELL) Bridewell Harrell in August of 1989. Robert E. Lee School 1963-64 Reatta's third marriage was to William A. Wardlaw. Their home is at 4115 Shelby Dr., Amarillo, Texas 79109.
C. Billy Ray Burdine was born 1927, Quail, Texas. He graduated from High School in LaFores, Texas, and entered the University of Texas at Austin. He graduated from the University of Texas with his B.S. in Physics and Technical Engineering. For about thirty years he was employed by Texas Instruments in Dallas, Texas, and retired in 1987. Billy married Peggy Lou Moses, daughter of Roy and Mabel (Arnold) Moses. Peggy earned her B.A. degree at the University of Texas and for many years taught in the public schools of Dallas.Billy's family attended the launching of Ranger VI. Their children:
1. Paul Arthur Burdine was born 1960, Dallas, Texas. He married Lisa Lynne Hise, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Hise, 1989.
2. Margaret Susan Burdine was born 1962, Pasadena, California. Margaret is married and was living in Kuwait.
3. David Burdine was born 1965, Richardson, Texas.
4. Melinda Beth Burdine, born 1967, Dallas, Texas. She married
Walter Nickells 1987.
D. Emery Wayne Burdine was born 1936, Amarillo, Texas. 1954, he married Betty Jean Cheek, daughter of Dwight and Agnes (Church) Cheek. Emery and Betty Jean had two children:
1. Ricky Wayne Burdine, born 1957.
2. Holly Jean Burdine was born 1960. Holly married Jay Alden Heinlein and they have three children:
a. Lindsey Rachel Heinlein was born 1981.
b. Carleigh Heinlein was born 1984.
c. Brianne Heinlein was born 1987.
Emery's second marriage was to Linda Grudzien Hutchens 1971. They were later divorced.
Emery is currently married to Jeanne Hardin. They were married 1984. Emery, with his son Rickey, owns and operates Dental Dynamics, a gold crown and bridge laboratory in Arlington, Texas. They are certified technicians.
Edna BRASWELL Burdine taught several years in the public schools of Amarillo. She greatly enjoyed her teaching. She received her B.A. and M.A. degrees from West Texas State University, Canyon, Texas. She majored in Primary Education, and minored in Music. She is an accomplished musician. "Mama taught us piano and organ. Later Julia took lessons on piano and violin. Maggie played the violin in Symphony and Sallie played the mandolin and guitar. I being the younger, not so busy at home, grabbed mandolin, guitar, old pedal organ and piano. Music and singing was our entertainment during our home life. We all worked hard together and played just as hard." Edna still plays piano for Order of the Eastern Star. After retiring from teaching, she married Norman Bridewell of Texhoma, Oklahoma. They were married 1967. Norman and Edna live in Texhoma and are very active in civic and church activities.
8. Audrey Lee BRASWELL was born 1905, in Sentinel, Oklahoma Territory. He married Verna Cordelia Sisk, Tahoka, Texas. She was the daughter of John and Agnes (Ryan) Sisk of Slayton, Texas. She was born 1905. Audrey received his Th.B. from Bethany College, Bethany, Oklahoma. He and Verna have pastored Nazarene churches in Texas, Oklahoma and California. He is a builder and has built twenty-eight churches and parsonages in Guatemala and established hospitals in California. Audrey and Verna's children:
A. Audrey Lee BRASWELL, Jr. was born 1929, Gonzales, Texas. 1950, he married Ruth Carol Hildie, daughter of Walter J. and Betty Hildie. Audrey Jr. was very studious and applied himself in many fields. He earned the following degrees: B.A.; M.A.; M.S.; and Ph.d. Al was a Science Education Professor, and he and Ruth taught several years at Utah State University and the University of Maryland. They also worked several years in South America. Their children:
1. Barry Wayne BRASWELL was born 1954, Glendale, California. He married Kelly Green of Moreno, California 1990, in Twentynine Palms, California. Barry works with mentally disordered young adults in Vocational Rehabilitation.
2. Pamela Kaye BRASWELL was born 1956, in Pasadena, California. She received her B.S. and M.A. from the University of California at Northridge and is in Educational Administration for hearing impaired children.
3. Cheryl Lynn BRASWELL was born 1957, in Pasadena, California. She received her A.A. from California State University at Fullerton and is an
Administrator in a Psychiatric hospital. 1986, Cheryl married William Jumonville on Orca Island in Washington. William was born 1945, in Portland, Oregon and received his B.A. from Portland State University. He is currently a Nursing Home Administrator.
B. John Franklin BRASWELL, Sr. was born 1931, Goldthwaite, Texas. 1953, he married LaVonne Gamble, daughter of Ray and Lillian Gamble. Their children:
1. LaLani BRASWELL married Russ DeBoer and they have three children:
a. Adam DeBoer was born 1977.
b. Heather DeBoer was born 1979.
c. Tammy DeBoer was born in 1987.
2. John Franklin BRASWELL, Jr. married Cheree Wheeler and they have one son:
a. Jonathan BRASWELL was born 1983.
3. Ronald BRASWELL married Terry, and they have one son:
a. Jason BRASWELL was born 1985.
4. Kevin Ray BRASWELL is married to June, and they have three children:
a. Christopher BRASWELL was born 1976.
b. Toby BRASWELL was born 1978.
c. Summer BRASWELL was born 1981.
C. LaJeanne BRASWELL was born 1933, Pearl, Texas. 1951, she married Glenn Allen Crume, who was born 1932. They adopted two girls and a boy:
1. Rene' Ann (Crume) Murphy. She and her husband have two children:
a. Dana Murphy was born 1984.
b. Sarah Jane Murphy was born 1986.
2. Daniel Allen Crume, born 1961, El Monte, California. He married Debbie Hernandez and they have two boys:
a. Jeremy Crume was born 1985.
b. Nathan Crume was born 198-.
3. Dara LaJeanne Crume, born 1966, Pasadena, California.
D. Charles Allen BRASWELL was born 1936, in Bethany, Oklahoma. 1959, he married Dorothy Ann Drake, daughter of Thomas A. and Dorothy (Holmes) Drake. Their children:
1. Lorita Le Ann BRASWELL was born 1958, in Victorville, California. She graduated from Cal State University in 1984 with a degree in theater arts and music, with a specialization in opera. She is currently a graduate student in music and business administration. Lorita married Christopher Phillip Ott 1985. Chris was born 1957, and is a graduate of Cal State University with a degree in engineering. They have two girls:
a. Amber Le Ann Ott was born 1985.
b. Taylor Marie Ott was born 1987.
2. Gregory Lee BRASWELL was born 1960, in Pomona, California. He graduated from Cal State University in 1986 with degrees in biology and psychology and is doing graduate work in biology and chemistry. Greg is currently
working as a psychiatric nurse at Sonoma County Hospital.
3. Verna Lynnae BRASWELL was born 1962, in Pomona, California. She graduated from Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, Mexico, in 1986 with a degree in clinical psychology and is a graduate student at Cal Poly University in Business Administration. She is a licensed nursing home administrator and is working at Laurel Park School for Effective Living in Pomona, California. E. James Wagner BRASWELL was born 1939, Crystal City, Texas. James graduated from Pasadena Nazarene College with a B.A. in Business Administration. He married Joyce Johnson, daughter of Harold and Bessie Johnson 1960, in Pomona, California. Joyce was born 1937, in Yuma, Arizona. She graduated from Los Angeles State College with a B.A. in Sociology and is currently working in Social Services. James owns and operates Braswells Health Care. Their children:
1. Joy Mae LaSaundra BRASWELL was born 1961, in Montclair, California. Joy graduated from Point Loma Nazarene College where she majored in Home Economics. 1988, she married Jeffrey Mark Baxter. Their children:
a. Jerrad Braswell Baxter, the first of twins, was born 1990, in Redlands, California.
b. Janaee' Braswell Baxter, the second twin, was also born 1990.
2. James Harold BRASWELL was born 1964, in Pomona, California. James graduated from Point Loma Nazarene College with a degree in Business Administration. He married Holly Ann Wriston on 1988. Their child:
a. Alexa Ileythe BRASWELL was born 1990.
3. Julie Darlene BRASWELL was born 1970, in Redlands, California. She is presently a Sophomore at the University of San Diego and is majoring in Communications with a minor in Psychology.
F. Delbert Arthur BRASWELL was born 1943, Lamesa, Texas. He married Caroline Joyce Norton, daughter of Norman and Ann Norton. She was born 1945. They were married 1965, in Pomona, California. Art and Caroline received their B.A. degrees from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California. Art works in Nursing Home Management and Caroline is a Nursing Home Administrator of one of the many hospitals. Their daughters:
1. Deanna Lee Ann BRASWELL was born 1970, in Pomona, California and is a Junior at Point Loma Nazarene College. 1990, she married Kevin Glen Price.
2. Debra Lynn BRASWELL was born 1972, in Redlands, California and is in her Senior year at Yucaipa High School. She will be attending Point Loma Nazarene College in the Fall of 1990.
9. Lela Etta BRASWELL was born 1907, Beaver County, in the Oklahoma Strip, Oklahoma Territory. Lela was just two months old when Oklahoma became a state 1907. 1924, she married Elmer Richey, brother of Ora Richey who married William Franklin BRASWELL, he was born 1906, in Texas. Elmer passed away February 20, 1988, in North Highlands, California. Lela and Elmer's children:
A. Manuel Richey, born 1925, Tahoka, Texas. He married Jerlyn Sellers who was
born 1928. Their children:
1. Dwane Richey
2. Ilene Richey
3. Linda Gay Richey
4. Elmer Thomas Richey
5. Manulene Richey
6. Quinn Richey
B. Walter Lee Richey was born 1927. He married Bobbie Jean Morton who was born 1931, Atlus, Oklahoma. Their child:
1. Frances Darlene Richey, born 1946.
Walter Lee's second marriage was to Faye Wilson. Their children:
1. Manuel Richey, born 1958.
2. Lelia Faye Richey, born 1961 in Lodi, California.
3. Walter Leon Richey, born 1962 in Sacramento, CA.
4. Susie Louise Richey, born 1963.
5. Janie Richey, born 1963.
6. Daniel Earl Richey, born 1964.
7. Larry John Richey, born 1966.
C. Price Thomas Richey was born 1929, in Grassland, Texas. 1946, he married Ethel Drusella Norwood in Tahoka, Texas. Ethel was born November 26, 1928, in Knox, Texas. Price T. was the Foreman for the El Dorado County of Transportation and retired after thirty-five years, and Ethel worked as a Cashier. Their children:
1. Novell Drucilla Richey was born 1947, in Placerville, California. Novell was first married to David Williams who was born 1946. Their daughter:
a. Tracy Novell Williams, born 1967.
Novell's second marriage is to Brian Herperger. Brian and Novell were married 1989, in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Brian was born December 6, (?) and works as a Lineman.
2. Jimmy Price Richey was born 1955, Placerville, California. He attended American River College where he earned a degree in Business and works in Personal Management at McClellan Air Force Base. He married Mary Ann 1975, in Toledo, Ohio. Mary Ann is a Registered Nurse. Their children:
a. Melissa Richey was born 1977.
b. Michael Price Richey was born May 1984.
3. Marcie Dale Richey was born 1960, in Placerville, California. Marcie earned her Business Degree from American River College and works in Bookkeeping. She is married to Michael Bently Halberg. He received his Drafting Degree from American River College and owns his own Drafting company. Their children:
a. Brandy Sevier Halberg was born 1983.
b. Allen Jeffrey Halberg was born 1986.
c. Katie Rose Halberg was born 1988.
D. Joe Earl Richey was born 1931, in Raymondville, Texas. He married Bridget M. Garvey on 1953. Bridget was born 1935, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Joe Earl and Bridget are retired and living in Davis, California, after owning and operating their own T.V. and Appliance store. Their children:
1. Darryl Lee Richey was born 1955, in Sacramento, California. His first marriage was to Christine Chinn 1973. They had one child:
a. James Allen Richey was born 1978.
Darryl's second marriage was to Lynn Cordone 1983, in Nevada. Darryl is currently working at McClellan Air Force Base as Supervisor of Supply Office. Lynn works in customer relations for J.C. Penny's Co. They child:
a. Sean Thomas Richey was born 1985.
2. Emery Wayne Richey was born 1956, in Rosevelle, California. Wayne is currently working at Hunter Electronics as an equipment installer and set up. He married Rosalie "Rosie" Chinn (sister of Darryl's first wife, Christine) 1975, in Davis, California. Rosie was born 1958, in Sacramento, California. Their children:
a. Amy Marie Richey was born 1977, in Tacoma, Washington.
b. Jeremy Wayne Richey was born 1980, in Sacramento, California.
c. Derek Andrew Richey was born 1985, in Sacramento, California.
3. Kathleen Marie Richey was born 1958. Her first marriage was to Ken Couser, they are now divorced. She is a Student Counselor Advisor in Sociology at the University of California at Davis.
10. Clovis Walter BRASWELL was born February 26, 1909, in Clovis, Territory of New Mexico. He married Josephine "Jody" Autrey of San Antonio, Texas. Clovis died July 15, 1987, in Martinez, California and is buried in the Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Concord, California. Jody died March 25, 1983, in Pittsburg, California. Clovis and Jody's children:
A. Beverly Jean BRASWELL
B. Joan BRASWELL
C. Jimmy BRASWELL
11. Nathaniel Ross BRASWELL was born 1911, in Clovis, Territory of New Mexico. 1931, he married Cassie Augusta Virdell, daughter of John Thomas and Helen V. (Cloer) Virdell. Cassie was born 1911, San Saba, Texas. Their children:
A. Ross Orlan BRASWELL was born 1932, San Benito, Texas. On 1955, he married Doris Faye Stephens in Lynwood, California. Doris was born 1933, in Oklahoma and is the daughter of John and Fay Stephens. Their children:
1. Ronald Ross BRASWELL, born 1957, Lynwood, California. Ronald and Kari were married 1986, in Littleton, Colorado. Kari was born 1959, in Colorado (?). Their son:
a. Justin Ross BRASWELL was born 1989, in Littleton, Colorado.
2. David Charles BRASWELL was born 1961, in Ontario, California. David and Kimberly were married 1986, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kimberly was born 1965. Their children:
a. Bradley Charles BRASWELL was born 1987, in Las Vegas, Nevada. b. Andrew Nathan BRASWELL was born 1989, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
3. Melissa Faye BRASWELL was born 1966 in Ontario, California. In
Page 46 Note: reserved for images
1986, Melissa married Larry Aaron Houghton. Larry was born 1960, in Michigan. Their children:
a. Larry Aaron Houghton, Jr. was born 1987, in Fremont, California.
b. Taralynn Fay Houghton was born 1989, in Fremont, California.
B. Johnny Nathaniel BRASWELL was born 1935, San Benito, Texas. He married Sandra Irene Merfferd 1955. Irene was born 1935. They adopted two children:
1. Johnny Neal BRASWELL, born 1961.
2. Dana Sue BRASWELL, born 1965.
C. Doris Faye BRASWELL was born 1938, San Antonio, Texas. She married Frank K. Huggins. Their children:
1. Brenda Faye Huggins, born 1957.
2. Gary Keith Huggins, born 1958.
3. Tambre Lynn Huggins, born 1960.
12. Arthur Beale BRASWELL was born August 9, 1912, in Clovis, New Mexico (New Mexico became a state in January of 1912). He married Effie Belle Laird, daughter of Oscar Sylvester and Nancy Pearl (Couch) Laird, October 28, 1933. Art died October 13, 1986, in Canyon Lake, California and is buried in the Hillside Memorial Park, Redlands, California. Art and Effie's children:
A. Arthalene BRASWELL was born 1935, in San Antonio, Texas. She married Robert Lester Brown. They had one child:
1. Robin LeAnn Brown was born 1956, Loma Linda, California. Robin married Randy Cox and now resides in Yucaipa, California. Their child:
a. Jamie Cox was born in September of 1973.
In 1965, Arthalene married Lawrence Ray Karr. Their daughter:
1. Kelly Karr was born 1967. She married Jeff Wyatt and they are living in Hemet, California. Their child:
a. Adam Wyatt was born 1986.
B. Leon Byron BRASWELL was born 1937, in Brownwood, Texas. His first marriage was to Carol Ann Clay. Their children:
1. Michael Leon BRASWELL was born 1956.
2. William Lee BRASWELL was born 1959, in San Bernardino, California. He married Kemberley Roxanne Arnold 1982. Kemberley was 1964. Their children:
a. Erin Rae BRASWELL was born 1986.
b. Brandon Lee BRASWELL was born 1988.
3. Gene Byron BRASWELL was born 1962, and married Gina Louise Oakley on 1986. Gina was born 1967. Their daughter:
a. Amber Louise BRASWELL was born 1987. 1989, Amber Louise passed away.
4. Shana Lee BRASWELL was born 1964. She married Patrick Edward Eller 1984. Patrick was born 1958. Their children:
a. Patrick Brandon Eller was born 1985.
b. Brandi Telise Eller was born 1988.
C. Billie Joyce BRASWELL was born 1939, San Antonio, Texas. Her first marriage was to Ronald Gene Taylor. Their children:
1. Arthur Raymond Taylor-Giles was born 1956, in Loma Linda, California. He is married to Kathleen Ann Laurie "Katie" Tompkins. Arthur lives in Conroe, Texas, where he works for General Telephone. Their children:
a. Shelli Nicole Giles was born 1984, Del Rio, Texas.
b. Arthur Taylor Giles was born 1986, in Conroe, Texas.
2. Rhonda Lynn Taylor-Giles was born 1957, in Loma Linda, California. She lives in Del Rio where she works for the CPA firm of Koleman, Shuler and Ellie.
Billie Joyce's second marriage was to William Alfred Giles 1962, in Las Vegas. William was born 1938, in Branson, Missouri. They are currently living in Del Rio, Texas, where they've owned and operated Two Guys Marine since 1974.
1. William Alfred Giles, II was born 1965, in San Bernardino, California. He is married to Traci Colleen Laurie Tompkins. Traci was born in Florida. They live in Del Rio, Texas, where he works for Two Guys Marine. Their children:
a. Anastacia Calais "Staci" Giles was born 1986, in Del Rio, Texas.
b. William Barton Giles was born 1989, in Del Rio, Texas.
13. Erma Ruth BRASWELL, born 1914, Clovis, New Mexico. Her first marriage was to Charles Perry Laird- brother of Effie Laird who married Arthur Beale. Charles was born 1911. Ruth and Charles had one daughter:
A. Charlene Laird was born 1934, and married Dow Burnett on 1955, in Kerrville, Texas. They are now residing in Del Rio, Texas, where they own and operate Super M Pharmacy. They had one daughter:
1. Melody Dawn Burnett was born 1956, and married Douglas A. Shon. They are currently living in Guam. Their daughter:
a. Regina Ryane Shon was born 1986.
Ruth's second marriage was to William Guyer. They had one daughter:
A. Billie Caroline Guyer.
Ruth's third marriage was to Toby Buster of Junction, Texas. Ruth died June 3, 1962, in San Antonio and is buried in the Junction Cemetery. Ruth and Toby had one son:
A. David Buster
14. Byron Vance "B.V." BRASWELL was born January 3, 1916, Hobart, Oklahoma. He married Stella Mae Warf March 8, 1940. B.V. died September 26, 1986, in Michigan. Their children:
A. Mary Ann BRASWELL, born 1941. She married Bollin Magnuson 1960. Their children:
1. Rhonda Jean Magnuson
2. Robin Rene' Magnuson
3. Melinda Sue Magnuson
B. Shirley Vance BRASWELL, born 1943. She married Richard Klofer 1962. Their children:
1. Ricky Kurt Klofer, born 1963.
2. Kristine Rene' Klofer, born in 1965.
15. Anna Marie BRASWELL was born 1918 in Roosevelt, Oklahoma. She married Fred Clems 1936. Marie was killed in a car accident May 14, 1944, in Corpus Christi, Texas, and is buried in Corpus Christi. Marie and Fred had one son:
A. Joe Allen Clems, born 1937.
16. Ada Mildred BRASWELL, the youngest child of William Francis and Ada BRASWELL, was born July 6, 1920, and died September 17, 1920, at the age of two months and twelve days. She was buried in the Roosevelt Cemetery, Roosevelt Oklahoma. She was the only one of the sixteen children who did not reach maturity.
Page 50 Note: reserved for images